Blood Pressure Diet – Blood pressure diet is the silent killer which takes away the life or the happiness of life in few seconds if is to be neglected. This disorder is of two types, primary and secondary. The primary disorder is hereditary and about 89%patients come under this category, While the secondary disorder is caused by variety of reasons as Kidney, endocrine and thyroid disorders.
- Oral contraceptives.
- Certain drugs like stimulants, diet pills and some pills used for cold and allergy symptoms do also raise BP.
- Pregnancy and obesity.
- Sodium (salt) sensitivity.
- Physical inactivity
- Change in vision
- Chest pain and shortness of breath after some exertion.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF:
- Select foods with low fat contents.
- Increase your physical activity; add moderate exercise at regular basis, as 30 minutes walk in three 10 minutes segments.
- Choose baked and boiled chicken, meat, fish and lean cuts of meat.
- Use skimmed milk, plain rice and pasta.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water daily, juices may add in to it.
- Have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables as salads I the diet.
- Instead of common salt use salt with low sodium contents. It is estimated that average requirement is 1 tab per day is enough.
- Check your weight constantly.
- Reduce the consumption of alcohol; it will increase the chances of blood pressure.
- Do not discard the doctor advice, if you are at the blood pressure medicines; take it regularly at fix time of the day.
- If you are the patient of it constantly keep an eye at the blood pressure by frequent checking or at least twice in a day.
- At the end to say that laughter is the best medicine for many diseases. Always be positive and live happily with optimistic approach to all issues.
- Manage all your stresses and tensions by trusting upon God and doing right.