Freckles are not harmful or the sign of a health problem. They’re just pigment cells which are most often visible on faces and arms of people with fine and light shaded skin, these freckles look very awkward on the face. These spots are usually tan or light brown, flat, and very small. Sometimes they overlap and run together so they may look larger. In this article, we are going to discuss about main causes and treatments for freckles.
Main Causes of Freckles
- Freckles tend to appear more often on skins of people with a lighter complexion that those with dark complexions because people with light complexions have less melanin in their skin. Melanin is a chemical produced by certain skin cells; it helps protect the skin from sun damage by reflecting and absorbing ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Some of the most common reasons for forming of freckles are the solar effect, genetic inheritance of freckles and some infections connected to liver. Freckles that appear due to effects of solar radiations are known as summer freckles, these are flat and lens-shaped while cold freckles are usually darker than summer freckles.
- In certain cases, hormonal imbalances and genetic diseases like xeroderma pigmentosum can lead to freckles.
Five Effective Treatments for Freckles
- One of the most popular modern techniques to remove freckles is laser therapy. This therapy though effective, often leads to some skin irritation.
- Sour milk or cream is considered effective home remedies in getting rid of freckles in their early stages. Just apply them on your face and rinse with cool water after 15 minutes.
- Freckles usually appear on sun-exposed skin, especially on the face. The best way to combat freckles is to make sure that you use a sunscreen every time you are going outside.
- Lemon Juice is one of the most affective natural home remedies for freckles. Apply lemon juice to the facial areas with maximum amount of freckles. Let it stay for around fifteen minutes, and then wash it off with cold water.
- If you notice early signs of freckles on your skin, you should start applying natural herbal oils like almond oil or olive oil to protect your skin from effects of ultraviolet solar rays.