Dry facial skin is a worse nightmare of winter months. During this season, low levels of humidity force your skin to become dry. Furthermore, over exposure to sun and use of hot water also are main causes of dry skin during winter.
Tips to prevent dry facial skin
- As I have mentioned in above lines that low humidity is a basic reason of dry skin so if your home gets more dry and cold in winter, invest on purchasing a humidifier. It will bring moist air to your bedroom and prevent the extra dryness.
- Before stepping out in the open air, cover your face using a scarf to minimize the drying affects of the cool air.
- To prevent the dryness, you should protect your skin from harsh UV sun-rays by applying sunscreen.
- Hot showers and baths cause your skin to strip off the natural moisture, so try to use warm water instead of hot water for taking a bath.
- Invest on purchasing good-quality moisturizing cream or lotion that is specially designed for the winter season. Apply moisturizing cream or lotion twice a day to keep your skin well-hydrated and soft.
Homemade Facial Masks for Dry Skin
Honey and Egg Mask
Honey is enjoying a worldwide popularity due to its moisturizing properties and wonderful effects for dry skin. You can prepare a homemade facial mask for dry skin by combining honey in the egg yolk. Apply the mask on your facial skin and let it stay for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Avocado and Yogurt Facial Mask
Avocado and yogurt facial mask do wonders for your dry skin. Yogurt nourishes the dry skin, making it smooth and supple. While vitamin E, present in the avocado, is also an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. Take a ripe avocado and place it in a blender or food processor along with 3-4 tbsps. of plain yogurt. Turn the food processor ‘on’ and blend them until smooth. Apply this mask onto your facial skin and leave it for 10-15 minutes. After the recommended time, wash your face using lukewarm water.