Acne is very irritating skin condition that makes the sufferer miserable making him/her look dull and unattractive. There are various reasons behind the breakout of acne including hormonal imbalance, allergic reactions, environmental factors such as pollution and genetics etc.
However, acne is not an incurable or life threatening problem. Many natural and chemical based treatments for acne are available that really work to cure acne and remove acne scars. One can treat acne at home as well using the ordinary kitchen items; some home acne treatments are given below.
Note: (Though these home treatments are natural and side-effect free but you should be very careful before using these treatments. If you are allergic to any of the items used in preparing the anti-acne pastes and packs then it is advised to strictly avoid using the treatment.)
- Dab a ripened tomato or cucumber pulp directly over the acne or pimple skin; hold on for one hour and then wash. After few days of persistent use, you will notice remarkable improvement in your skin condition.
- Garlic has antiseptic nature and it can play magnificent role in removing acne. Prepare garlic juice and apply over your face. Leave it as it is for almost 60 minutes and then wash off. Use the remedy once in seven day; make sure not to hold the juice on the face for more than one hour or you will get your skin condition aggravated.
- Neem and turmeric both have antibacterial properties and they can kill acne causing bacteria and can do wonder for healing your skin if utilized together. Prepare a paste using neem leaves and turmeric powder and dab it over the affected spot. Wait for 20-30 minutes and then rinse of with lukewarm water.
- Mix adequate amounts of honey and cinnamon powder together to get a paste. Apply the prepared paste on the pimple skin before going to bed in night and leave overnight. Splash warm water to swab it next morning. Use the remedy for 15 days.
- Rubbing the inner side of a banana peel over the acne skin can prove helpful. Rub it in the night before sleeping and wash off next morning and see the wonders it can do for your skin.
- If your skin is not sensitive or ultrasensitive then a mixture of cinnamon powder and lemon juice can help you in treating acne.
- Paste of rose water and sandalwood is beneficial for curing this irritating skin condition. After application, let the paste exercise its effects over your skin for 20-30 minutes and then wash off with tepid water.