The dark circles in the under eyes area may occur due to a number of reasons such as lack of sleep, fatigue, depression, stress, nutrient dearth, poor diet, hyper pigmentation, prolonged ailment, sun exposure and so on. As they tend to make you look dull, tired and ill therefore it is important to treat these bad looking circles.
Though several synthetic options too are available but it is much better not to use the products with abrasive chemicals in the sensitive eye area. Rather go for home remedies to chuck out dark circles without risks of any damage to the eyes.
- Take enough sleep of about six to eight hours to fight off dark circles effectively.
- Consume plenty of water to stay hydrated and moisturized plus maintain well balanced diet to defend or counter dark circles.
- Mix one tsp. tomato juice, ½ tsp. lemon juice, a dash of turmeric powder and gramflour each together to obtain a paste. Apply the paste gently onto the affected skin; leave for ten minutes and then wipe off.
- Keeping rose water dipped cotton balls on eyes for almost five to ten minutes may do the trick to reduce dark circles.
- Prepare a consistent paste by mixing herb nutmeg with milk and apply it on the top of lids and the area around the eyes for few minutes.
- Apply a mixture of turmeric, lentils (masoor dal), lime juice and tomato juice all around the eyes and let it sit until it gets fully dry. Rinse off with fresh water.
- Gently rub papaya pulp around the eyes for almost five minutes. Leave it on for further ten minutes and finally wash off with normal use water.
- A potion obtained by mixing lemon juice and tomato juice is also helpful for eliminating under eye dark circles. Use the remedy twice a day for better results.
- Prepare a paste of pineapple juice and turmeric powder and apply it on dark circles. Hold on for a couple of minutes and then wash off.
- Application of freezed cucumber too is known to be highly effective not only in treating dark circles but also for reducing eye puffiness.
- Placing cucumber or potato juice dipped cotton balls over the eyes also can offer you relief from the condition.
- Apply crushed mint leaves on the affected skin for almost twenty minutes. A recognized treatment for dark circles under the eyes.