Though it is necessary to look after the skin throughout the year, but during hot summer season it becomes compulsory to care the skin a lot. Healthy food and right skin care product keeps your skin healthy and strong enough to cope with the damaging effects sunshine all through the hot season.
Reduce Direct Exposure To Sun
The UV light emitted by the sun is very harmful for the skin. These UV rays may cause many skin related problems such as skin discoloration, wrinkles, age spots, benign growth and in severe case skin cancer. Making use of skin care products that offer protection from these damaging rays is an ideal way to maintain the freshness of the skin.
- Don’t forget to apply a quality sunscreen before stepping outdoors.
- Try staying indoors when the sun is at its peak; normally between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Avoid skin tanning since the tanning beds as well emit the damaging UV rays just like the sun.
Keep The Skin Moisturized
A properly hydrated and moisturized skin retains softness and prevents chapped or flaky skin. For keeping the skin hydrated follow these tips.
- Consume plenty of water.
- Pick a quality and well suited moisturizer for your skin and dab it over the skin just after drying. Never use the products with sodium sulfate because it takes away natural oil from the skin.
- Take bath using tepid water and avoid taking bath for long as it takes away all the moisture from the skin leaving it extra dry.
Bacteria play vital role in causing various skin related problems such as acne breakouts or pimple eruption etc. You should be very cautious about what comes in touch with your skin for preventing the germs to come in contact with your skin. Follow the below given tips to minimize the risk of germ exposure:
- Avoid sharing your personal items such as toothbrush or lip balms and drinks with others.
- Don’t touch your face with your hands other any other object that is in use of others such as telephone receiver.