SPF Sun Protection as with the passage of time the more the people getting aware by the damage caused by sun rays more the sun screens are available for protection. Often with the availability of variety it will become difficult to choose the right one to give the maximum protection to the skin. So there are following instructions related to SPF value while choosing the skin care products:
- SPF is the abbreviation of “sun protection factor”. Usually the SPF factor tells us how long we can stay in the sun without burning. If we use the SPF 15 It means if we can stay in the sun for fifteen minutes without burning then by using this we can stay 15 times more as for 225 minutes without burning. So usually more the SPF values more we are protected from the sun. but it does not necessarily means that the lotion with SPF 50 is used to protect us 50 times more then SPF 30, it is not the case it will protect just 2% more from SPF 30.
- So it is suggested to use the SPF which is designed for daily use and without any irritant. It may be oil free or water proof. These are when used underneath the makeup not clog the pores.
- The sun screen should be reapplied frequently if you have to stay long in the sun but be sure about the ingredients. They must be noncomodegenic and hypoallergenic.
- While choosing the sun screen it will be keep in mind that it will protect against both from UVA and UVB, The UVA are the major cause of premature aging and the UVB are the source of sun burn and skin cancer.
- Also check that how these will apply because they may be in different form as lotions, creams gels, dry oil and sticks. The sprays are also available and easy to apply at those places which are out of reach of hands as back, if it is vulnerable to sun exposure.