What Causes Leg Cramp – Leg cramps are the contraction of muscles which is sudden and involuntary. They may occur any time and without any apparent cause but become more frequent at night. Whatever the time it creates great restless and require sudden attention.
There is variety of causes of leg cramps of it as:
- Excessive exercise.
- Muscular fatigue
- Cold weather
- Low calcium level in blood
- Anemic conditions
- Awkward posture
- Sometimes certain medication such as anti psychotic, birth control pills, diuretics, stations, and steroids.
- Flat feet
- Having thyroid disease.
Anatomically, causes of leg cramps attack the muscles that crossover two joints. Commonly, the calf muscles, the quadriceps and the hamstrings.
HOW TO PREVENT:
- Dehydration is the common reason of these cramps so keep your body well hydrated especially while working in hot weather for long time.
- Do exercise according to your capacity. Before exercise warm up and build up your muscles gradually and strengthen them for any strenuous exercise.
- Keep your posture in good position and after working for sometime walk and move your muscles adequately.
- Stretch your muscles and then relax them few minutes while you go to bed.
- Have a good intake of calcium and potassium approximately 1000 mg / day. A glass of milk at night for calcium and banana for potassium.
- Wear the shoes which are comfortable.
- Massage your leg muscles and soles of feet will help to keep the cramps away.
At the end it is said that prevention,